minigiin

4 years ago #T4484
It's a known fact that steam trade offers gives an error most of the time. This guide will list the most common errors, as well as ways to fix them.
I'll add in screenshots and more errors as I go along.

this:

almost always never happens, but you get an error, most of time it's errors listed below.

error: it just won't work. Just not your day.
error(8): you are not logged into steam, refresh the page and try again after logging in

after refreshing

error(16)/error(11)-courtesy of angry rock: the trade went through. refresh the page and the offer will no longer be valid

error(28): the trade is not working because of steam inventory issues. Try later.

error(you cannot trade with [so and so]): refresh the page, restart steam or http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tf2bazaar/announcements/detail/1477479091120204234
error(due to steam guard restrictions, you will be unable to trade from this device for 7 days): self explanatory

User ribbon Angry rock

4 years ago #60080
also error 11 is the same as error 16 - you got the items, refresh the page

Dargo

4 years ago #60094
This is really helpful. You should consider making this a fully fleshed out Steam guide.

User ribbon Alpha

4 years ago #60098
Thankies have a melon

Roijan

4 years ago #76488
I got an error #26 today. It turned out that the other guy's backpack was full.

Spaceecake -ℳonks-

4 years ago #77042
Roijan

omg thanks man, I have been searching the internet the entire day, asking myself why I couldn't trade this particular guy, but I could trade other people. But yes indeed his backpack is completly full so that explains it. Thanks so much!

PoistaPoista

4 years ago #78139
when it said to me "you cannot trade with (username)", restarting steam worked =)

Spiderman98

4 years ago #78303
[Spaceecake
]
Roijan

omg thanks man, I have been searching the internet the entire day, asking myself why I couldn't trade this particular guy, but I could trade other people. But yes indeed his backpack is completly full so that explains it. Thanks so much!

What does it mean if your backpack is full? I have error 26 as well!

User ribbon Spooky Mulder

4 years ago #78344
Spiderman
What does it mean if your backpack is full? I have error 26 as well!

Tf2 backpacks have a limited number of spaces, 300 slots for a default P2P. F2P only get 50. If the amount of items in your bp is close to the limit and someone attempts to trade you items that would push you over it, you can't accept the trade. Either you or the person you are trying to trade has too many items. This can be fixed by crafting, trading, or deleting items. You could also buy a bp expander, which increases the amount you can hold by 100 slots.

[N+N]BlackFinSwampert

4 years ago #80072
Ahhh, good old 28, he pops up a lot when a new major content update goes live. Basically, just means that the item servers are overloaded, just make a trade offer and spam the heck out of the accept button. It'll go through eventually :)

Crystal Void

4 years ago #82540
HELP I HAVE
There was an error accepting this trade offer. Please try again later. (2)

error #2

first time ive ever encountered this

ive restarted steam and re-installed

also, other trades seems to get through
just that if my keys are involved in the trade

i receive this error

frk

4 years ago #83925
"There was an error sending your trade offer. Please try again later. (26)" I'm not sure what this one means:L

4 years ago #83927
FaOpTic | xXxnoScopeKingxXx
"There was an error sending your trade offer. Please try again later. (26)" I'm not sure what this one means:L

Look 4 posts above this one to find your answer.

frk

4 years ago #83929
^ty4wizzardry

SilverDeathLord

4 years ago #85204
i keep getting an error 500, what do i do

4 years ago #85205
SilverDeathLord™, death sage
i keep getting an error 500, what do i do

Wait. 500s are internal server errors(I think) and cannot be fixed. They happen when steam is busy/goes down or whatever. You just have to wait it out.

Lmk445

4 years ago #85265
thanks for that. I never knew what the errors actually meant. I am not good with determining errors and computer malfunctions.
You must log in to post.