User ribbon Ghost Mouse

8 months ago #T4487
We all see it, more often than you think...

There's these people who go into servers that have maps such as achievement_idle_noglass, and they "boost" their stranges, and get a ton of kills in a short time. Some do it to "catch up" on their strange variants (i.e you have a Crossbow with 500 kills, and you get 500 for your SF Crossbow, and later reset the non festive one), while there's a large portion who just want to get them up to Hale's Own as soon as possible. And then, there's a small handful who have bigger objectives (such as a million kills or more on a single weapon)...

With that being said, I have a question for all of you... Do you boost your stranges? And if so, why do you?

http://tf2b.com/tf2/item/mg123/548045679 I do it to get a million milkings, so I can tag it "Mouse's Millionaire Milk"

Squidly-Benpai

8 months ago #60160
I use to boost them, but then It got boring as hell. The only thing I "boost" is my jarate in trade servers. Its fun hearing a pile of characters do their voices complaining.

User ribbon bonesx_

8 months ago #60161
I cashed out my entire backpack, but when I started playing again and bought new stranges I boosted them up to what the old ones were

M1GU31[ABK]

8 months ago #60162
No because it's boring and I have a life and would prefer to have a real count of my stranges which all in my bp are legit. Honestly if someone has like a strange that released like 3 months or so and has hales own already they either cheated by going to idle severs to boost the kill count or literally do nothing all day. Now a old strange like over a year I could possibly believe if they are active players who can get kills.

Pennywise

8 months ago #60163
Whenever someone want's to buy my stranges that I use for an exhuberant sums, I buy it again (for a cheaper price) and boost it.

$@GA【表面張力】

8 months ago #60164
Did it with my rifle. Had more than 10k legit kills on it when I applied a strange filter. Then farmed to 10k.
Would´ve also done it with weps where I didn´t have as many legit kills on. Screwed up my venomous sticky with 10k + 1 kill.
I think it´s pointless on normal stranges tho. Unless your OCD forces you to farm till 1 mio just to put it in your item showcase.

User ribbon Festive Alpha

8 months ago #60177
I used to have a few pyro and heavy primary weapons that I would simultaneously boost to 666.
Just 'cause

Abigor

8 months ago #60183
I consider kill count to be my personal achievement or score, so I'll never will use any boost server, strange weps with somewhat high kill count become untradeable for me (I will not sell them unless there's 3-4x overpay). Otherwise the whole point of score/kill count is meaningless for me.

Skellion

8 months ago #60190
Alpha
I used to have a few pyro and heavy primary weapons that I would simultaneously boost to 666.
Just 'cause I HAVE A CONTRACT WITH THE DEVIL INVOLVING MELONS

FTFY

Patriarch of the Catland

8 months ago #60196
I use the servers to test my prof weps and then put screens of effects or sheens
I reset kills after doing that!

User ribbon Mace the Moose

8 months ago #60197
Imperial Gentleman
I use the servers to test my prof weps and then put screens of effects or sheens

A trade servers I used (TF2-Trader) has a plug in to activate a 100 killstreak on you. That way you don't have to farm it up.

Patriarch of the Catland

8 months ago #60198
-|WaD|- jnr Mace
Imperial Gentleman

A trade servers I used (TF2-Trader) has a plug in to activate a 100 killstreak on you. That way you don't have to farm it up.

talk to me, later

User ribbon /\ Sir L4G4L0T /\

8 months ago #60201
I used to boost my strange direct hit and recently played a x10 stats server where I accidentally boosted my s.f jarate

llamashpook

8 months ago #60204
M1GU31[ABK
]No because it's boring and I have a life and would prefer to have a real count of my stranges which all in my bp are legit. Honestly if someone has like a strange that released like 3 months or so and has hales own already they either cheated by going to idle severs to boost the kill count or literally do nothing all day. Now a old strange like over a year I could possibly believe if they are active players who can get kills.

3 months? Try 1 day. The day that this past christmas update came out I saw a sniper with Hale's own S.F. Jarate.

User ribbon Ghost Mouse

8 months ago #60207
a snowy llamasheep
The day that this past christmas update came out I saw a sniper with Hale's own S.F. Jarate.

It is possible to get a Hale's Own within 24 hours (or less than 15 minutes if you know what you're doing), you just gotta have determination, and a couple friends who are willing to idle for your cause

I would have done that with my SF Eyelander, but I felt I would have been too late with that ._.

User ribbon Spooky rock

8 months ago #60222
its stupid to farm kills, what is the point of stranges if you dont care for counting kills? also there are custom maps with which you can get hales own in about 5-10 min
You must log in to post.