S.S.Dragon™

2 weeks ago #T9027
yeah, after it goes into decision time, the auction owner should still be able to leave comments and reply to others

User ribbon ༺ buddhapest ༻

2 weeks ago #117002
we thought about this a while back and there was concern for abuse there. decision time is there to allow reviewing the bids before completion.

edit: can you give me an example of where commenting/replying would be useful?

S.S.Dragon™

2 weeks ago #117003
i had 2 examples, but i cant remember the other, since i couldnt post a comment.
http://bazaar.tf/trade/1576064 guy was asking how much 2 keys were in ref. so his bid would be higher, but what if he didnt want to do it
since the guy commented right before it went into decision time, he was probably still around to see the reply and i get a reply so i can mark him as higher or not

yeah, im sure there would have been some form of abuse. but it is the owners auction after all. i feel like they should have some control at the end. instead of "welp. this number is higher. ill mark as highest"

just any questions at the end of the auction, gives the owner a chance to reply

User ribbon ༺ buddhapest ༻

2 weeks ago #117004
but if the owner can reply, why can't the bidder? you may own the auction but the bidders own their bids. any discussion after the end of an auction could be used to bypass the auction end time.

S.S.Dragon™

2 weeks ago #117005
yeah, its a problem to balance. i have no intention on abusing it, but doesnt mean others wouldnt abuse and cause problems, i know. it just feels like if im going to create an auction, i want some form of control (meaning commenting to the potential winner).

maybe some form of chat only area? where bids place in there cant/shouldnt be counted? though i can still see people abuse it. also i can see it being used so little, to the point of maybe not worth implementing. idk how often this type of "problem" arises. just my thoughts
You must log in to post.