User ribbon BOO-da-pest

a month ago #117208
Filler that's so awesome! glad you didn't trade the hat away. you're part of the Bazaar legend now (:

User ribbon Alpha

a month ago #117209
n-nani?!

Liko

a month ago #117210
bazaar revived

UnEpic_

a month ago #117211
Oh... my... god...

Edit- ...Part of me wants bazaar.tf to revive with a broad source... ex CSGO, DOTA, PUBG, etc... but then again, its a dying genre.... time to turn into a betting site ;P

User ribbon BOO-da-pest

a month ago #117213
people didn't believe me that the trade volume was nose diving on tf2outpost... me i'm surprised they lasted this long. their site is much cheaper to run than bazaar (it's just a simple website with no automation at all, no bots, nothing) but they actually paid their staff and that was the real cost. bazaar never had that problem, ha ha, right Alpha?

anyway, it doesn't change our plans. this style of trading is dying. it's probably best if person to person trading completes the move to BP classifieds.

alexw0w

a month ago #117214
F, was here for the first 2 Treasure Trails. Some of the most fun times I have ever had on the internet.

p.s. I have so much respect for the administration for keeping this place alive even after the disappearance of accel and fiskie going to bp.tf, you guys are great. I remember when most of you were just active members who got mod roles, y'all are great.

User ribbon davetb

a month ago #117215
I remember when I was the obnoxious, unfunny idiot making tons of trades and forum posts on this site, just because I thought Bazaar and everyone on it was so cool. How I managed to shitpost my way onto the mod team, I will never know. What I do know is that I love all of y'all. Yes, even hans.

To accell, fiskie, inu, buddha, alpha, the rest of the former staff, all of the lurkers who stuck around, and all of the ones who didn't (like me):

Every one of you made the experience on this site truly irreplaceable. For that, I'll be forever grateful. :pinkheart:

User ribbon BOO-da-pest

a month ago #117216
> I remember when I was the obnoxious, unfunny idiot

good to know some things will never change

User ribbon Heavyoak

a month ago #117217
ive been gone too long it seems.

User ribbon _inu

a month ago #117218
davetb
I remember when I was the obnoxious, unfunny idiot making tons of trades and forum posts on this site, just because I thought Bazaar and everyone on it was so cool. How I managed to shitpost my way onto the mod team, I will never know. What I do know is that I love all of y'all. Yes, even hans.

To accell, fiskie, inu, buddha, alpha, the rest of the former staff, all of the lurkers who stuck around, and all of the ones who didn't (like me):

Every one of you made the experience on this site truly irreplaceable. For that, I'll be forever grateful. :pinkheart:

Oh daddy~:pinkheart:

nFuse

3 weeks ago #117220
Oh man... I used to be super active on here years ago, doing SFM posters and stuff (i think Saftsack was my name back then and maybe ThatLimeGuy/Greenshots later on) but really sad to see this go.

F

yahiamice.

2 weeks ago #117221
big F
i'll miss the melon guy
also Koda

Stefanos13

a week ago #117223
Alpha
n-nani?!

maybe time for bazaar to reconsider the whole we are closing thing ? i mean there are no sites left but the gels ones

User ribbon Spooky Squidly

a week ago #117227
Stefanos13
Alpha
n-nani?!

maybe time for bazaar to reconsider the whole we are closing thing ? i mean there are no sites left but the gels ones

Trade.tf?

Walla

6 days ago #117230
The chance that anyone here remembers me is highly unlikely. I used to go by Quote (Completely coincidental to that other user who was Curly Brace), Klonoa, Veneziano (As well as a thousand other weebtastic names), and I believe my last trade ever here was under the alias of "Zacharie". Hell, I even had an o.W.n tag on my username for a few months back in the day when I thought it was cool. I remember getting bronze VIP from the treasure trails (Though I believe that it was from someone giving the one that they won from it away in a raffle in the forums after the fact). I remember waiting weeks if not months to get my SFM posters from Essoplerck when he did those, paid in refined and hats. I remember the counting threads, and stupid people general, and my first time in the VIP lounge with the first post that I saw there being about traps. I remember those hectic auctions, always wondering if my bet would win, and my excitement when it did. Even if the actual prize was trash, it was still exciting for me. I remember creating auctions and playing the auctioneer, with a very proud achievement of mine getting that coveted 100 auction rep. My last auction that I made was three years ago. I remember the rush of posts during the holidays and the Summer when people wanted those coveted seasonal hats and trading cards, and getting into the spirit of it by changing my profile picture to have a shitty santa hat edited on to it, or changing it to "The festive [username]". I remember when Accell left the site, and the duck cosmetic that I traded from him that was crafted by him is still one of my most prized items in the game. I remember my very rare interactions with Alpha, inu and buddhapest, and how nervous that made me, chatting with the people behind the site. I remember hearing about the manga of Buddha by Osamu Tezuka from buddhapest, sparking an interest in his works. I remember editing my profile, my site theme and my signature, always changing to match my new profile's character. I remember the rapid increase in the price of keys, seeming to double in the blink of an eye. I remember the fall of buds as a currency, losing relevance. I remember how revolutionary using bots for trading real items, not just weapons and scrap, seemed to me. I remember scamming and getting scammed. I remember a hundred aborted trades and auctioneers gone silent. I remember those brief moments of interaction when I added someone and chatted with them for a trade. I remember gradually fading away from trading, losing interest.

But most importantly, I remember having fun.

RIP bazaar.tf. There were none quite like it, and there may never be one like it ever again.

Thanks for having me in this awesome community, though I've been inactive in it for years. I wish the best for everybody involved.

F

User ribbon _inu

6 days ago #117231
Walla
The chance that anyone here remembers me is highly unlikely. I used to go by Quote (Completely coincidental to that other user who was Curly Brace), Klonoa, Veneziano (As well as a thousand other weebtastic names), and I believe my last trade ever here was under the alias of "Zacharie". Hell, I even had an o.W.n tag on my username for a few months back in the day when I thought it was cool. I remember getting bronze VIP from the treasure trails (Though I believe that it was from someone giving the one that they won from it away in a raffle in the forums after the fact). I remember waiting weeks if not months to get my SFM posters from Essoplerck when he did those, paid in refined and hats. I remember the counting threads, and stupid people general, and my first time in the VIP lounge with the first post that I saw there being about traps. I remember those hectic auctions, always wondering if my bet would win, and my excitement when it did. Even if the actual prize was trash, it was still exciting for me. I remember creating auctions and playing the auctioneer, with a very proud achievement of mine getting that coveted 100 auction rep. My last auction that I made was three years ago. I remember the rush of posts during the holidays and the Summer when people wanted those coveted seasonal hats and trading cards, and getting into the spirit of it by changing my profile picture to have a shitty santa hat edited on to it, or changing it to "The festive [username]". I remember when Accell left the site, and the duck cosmetic that I traded from him that was crafted by him is still one of my most prized items in the game. I remember my very rare interactions with Alpha, inu and buddhapest, and how nervous that made me, chatting with the people behind the site. I remember hearing about the manga of Buddha by Osamu Tezuka from buddhapest, sparking an interest in his works. I remember editing my profile, my site theme and my signature, always changing to match my new profile's character. I remember the rapid increase in the price of keys, seeming to double in the blink of an eye. I remember the fall of buds as a currency, losing relevance. I remember how revolutionary using bots for trading real items, not just weapons and scrap, seemed to me. I remember scamming and getting scammed. I remember a hundred aborted trades and auctioneers gone silent. I remember those brief moments of interaction when I added someone and chatted with them for a trade. I remember gradually fading away from trading, losing interest.

But most importantly, I remember having fun.

RIP bazaar.tf. There were none quite like it, and there may never be one like it ever again.

Thanks for having me in this awesome community, though I've been inactive in it for years. I wish the best for everybody involved.

F

What a post!

Thank you for doing you <3

DukeGarland

4 days ago #117232
Sad to see bazaar go. There is no other place that is or was the same. It will be missed.
You must log in to post.