User ribbon fisk

9 years ago #T108
It seems there is a niche of people who want a trade site where you don't have to continuously barter with people, but rather trade for a fair, average price.

I'm thinking of utilising the backpack.tf API and clone the Add Auction page for another tab where you just insert your items and the wishlist items, in the form of metal, keys and promos, will be calculated based on the backpack.tf price.

However, this on it's own would probably cause complaints as the market could not possibly move without barter trades. So, instead of keeping it completely static, I would add a slider for the price generated for the wishlist items ranging from -15% to +15% or so - this way the trades marked as Buy Nows could still affect the market price.

Tl;dr Here's the idea in the simplest terms possible:

• Go to make a Buy it Now trade
• Put in your items
• Adjust slider to how greedy or generous you feel
• Total price generated by backpack.tf will adjust accordingly
• Keys/metal/promos complete with quantity will be put into the wishlist automatically
• Trade will be marked with "buy it now" to encourage users to not haggle with the user

All in all, I think it's a solid concept and it could probably very easily be coded into the current site in time as a new feature for 2.0.

User ribbon Æsirson🐾

9 years ago #545
That's a very good idea. I fit exactly into that category.

Totenkreuz

9 years ago #548
More or less a glorified "PRICE IS FIRM" but still would be cool to see.

hyclrs✌

9 years ago #550
This reminds me of the Grand Exchange

User ribbon Æsirson🐾

9 years ago #557
Totenkreuz

More or less a glorified "PRICE IS FIRM" but still would be cool to see.

I don't think so, since the "price is firm" retards usually overvalue their shit but aren't even willing to barter.
This way people would be selling roughly for what the stuff they're selling is worth.

Thecityburns2day

9 years ago #558
AHeS.hycolours | bazaar.tf

This reminds me of the Grand Exchange

Eww runescape reference =P. But it sounds like a good idea.

User ribbon fisk

9 years ago #560
Here's the current work-in-progress concept of it. Ignore the shitty styling, Accell is in the middle of redoing the design.

When the Steam API is working again, I'll be going further. However, you can see how pretty damn easy it will be to work with.

The calculated price will update when items are inserted or the slider is changed.

Edit: Also Firefox blows and doesn't support HTML5 sliders, apparently. We'll find a workaround.

tareyza

9 years ago #561
Personally, i find this to be a good idea, just so you can really get a fast and easy deal, a rarity in today's market. one potential issue i foresee though, is that in order for this to be successful, backpack.tf's prices need to be extremely accurate, and while I'm not saying that it isn't, it cannot maintain 100% accuracy on all of its items either. All in all though, seems a pretty good idea.

User ribbon accell

9 years ago #563
It is up to the community to ensure the prices on Backpack.tf are accurate. Hopefully everyone will use it more after the TF2Spreadsheet scandal.

ando

9 years ago #566
Nice idea on paper, but this only furthers the "Spreadsheet is bible" mantra. Your taking away the ability for the trader to set there own price. If they want to set something at an insanely high price, then that's fine with me, so long as its in the trade section :)
Also, another notable issue is items that have just been released. If the item has no set price, then wouldn't that break the system?

Sjru 🐲

9 years ago #567
Sounds a good feature to me.

User ribbon fisk

9 years ago #571
andodel

Nice idea on paper, but this only furthers the "Spreadsheet is bible" mantra. Your taking away the ability for the trader to set there own price. If they want to set something at an insanely high price, then that's fine with me, so long as its in the trade section :)
Also, another notable issue is items that have just been released. If the item has no set price, then wouldn't that break the system?

The system would decline your trade if the item hasn't been assigned a price yet. And how am I taking the ability of price changing away when there's going to be a pricing adjustment scale? It would still allow users to buy/sell for a different price.

tareyza

9 years ago #575
you know... for any runescape players... this is really really really similar to the grand exchange. but not in a bad way. i mean, the GE really helped boost the economy of runescape and suddenly you could get a trade you wanted almost instantly.
You must log in to post.