User ribbon nez

7 years ago #T6049
1. Why do you want to join the Bazaar.tf Staff?

I've spent a long time trying to make change to my life. A little over half a year ago I left the moderation team to try to get my life back on track. I am getting to the point where I have achieved balance in my work life and academic life, and I am ready to try to reintroduce some basic pleasures into my life. One of those pleasures is Bazaar.tf; I have always loved this community both as a user and as a former staff member. Thus, it only seems natural that I should want to give back to the community in the form of moderation. It's something that I enjoy doing, but more importantly it's something that I want to do to serve this community that has brought me much enjoyment and hopefully will continue to do so.

2. How old are you?
I am 20 years old, and will be having my 21st birthday in December.

3. Where do you live, and how much time can you spend moderating? Also what is your timezone?

I live quite close to Seattle, Washington - This means I am on Pacific Coast Time, GMT-7.
I will be able to spend ~2 hours a day moderating until around mid-september and at that point I will have more along the lines of 6 hours a day available to me. I have mentioned previous "availability deadlines" to staff in past but this one is concrete, definite.

4. Are you an active Steam user?

I have not been active recently due to scheduling issues and I will not be able to access steam client or steam games until mid-september, however I will be able to actively use Steam through the steamcommunity website between now and that time.

5. What experience do you have in community administration?

I have worked as a Bazaar.tf admin in past.

6. If you’ve been banned from another community, what happened?

I recieved a ban from outpost for calling out an outpost moderator on favoritism - which to be fair I did deserve. I posted a statement on another user's trade in which he was selling unusuals with Halloween effects, which he believed to be devaluing of his item. I was allegedly reported and the moderator hid my comment. The thing that set me off was that this user was a donator and I felt he was being given preferential treatment so I cursed out the moderator publicly. I absolutely deserved the ban I got and I learned my lesson.

This was a while ago - something like 3 years - so I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I know it was something along those lines.

7. Are you really willing to commit to putting in work for Bazaar.tf?

Having worked as a moderator and admin for several months at Bazaar.tf, and still wanting to return after my leave of absence, pretty much proves I'm willing to commit to moderating this website.

8. Finally, do you understand that we don’t conduct ourselves too seriously around here?

B-b-but Inu, I thought you said things had changed! I thought that meant things were more serious!

User ribbon Unusual Toad 🍄

7 years ago #88166
Question for you.

Do you feel like you are open minded? For example, if someone has an opinion that you may strongly disagree with, do you feel that you could handle it in a professional manner without losing your cool and remaining neutral in a sense - Even if some comments are directly abusive/negative toward you?

User ribbon nez

7 years ago #88369
Teemo
Question for you.

Do you feel like you are open minded? For example, if someone has an opinion that you may strongly disagree with, do you feel that you could handle it in a professional manner without losing your cool and remaining neutral in a sense - Even if some comments are directly abusive/negative toward you?

I aim for professionalism despite any emotions that may present themselves within the context of moderation. I am certainly not known for sparing coarse language on this website, and in social situations I may use aggressive tones, however, when it comes to actual moderation I will aim to be as professional and polite as the situation demands.

Or, to cut through the smoke-and-mirrors rhetoric, I would be professional while moderating, but I haven't forgotten how to have fun and be a jerk in the name of having fun.

User ribbon buddhapest

7 years ago #88385
thank zeus for teemo's interview. without that i was a definite no.

but now i'm totally convinced - you are the man.

nah, actually i just missed you :D welcome back!

Lmk445

7 years ago #88397
congrats, again. why did you leave in the first place? (don't have to answer im just being nosy)

User ribbon Dr.CritSpam

7 years ago #88400
Congrats! It's great to see you back on the staff!

2Dollarbill

7 years ago #88413
legomaster445
congrats, again. why did you leave in the first place? (don't have to answer im just being nosy)

Real Life complications, he just had to get back on his feet.

Lmk445

7 years ago #88414
ok. good job on getting back on your feet then

User ribbon jobseeker

7 years ago #88420
gg no re or something.

User ribbon eeeeee

7 years ago #88485
>thread gets locked because people are spamming 'congratz' again
congratz dude, never had a chance to meet you before but i hope it'd happen sooner or later :)

User ribbon D'Koda

7 years ago #88492
♠Prankster
>thread gets locked because people are spamming 'congratz' again

That was just my own one because I felt it would be better if other threads were in recent topics.

Now onto the real part of this, Congratulations, Hot. Heres hoping things go well :D

User ribbon hands

7 years ago #88499
Glad to have you back on board :^]
This thread is locked. You cannot reply.