User ribbon Akali~

7 years ago #T6248
1. Why do you want to join the Bazaar.tf Staff?
Well, I really really love this website. I think buy now is just amazing, auctions are an awesome way to quicksell stuff and still get as much as possible out of it, or make some profit yourself, and I'd love to be a part of the staff.
I also often see stuff like auctions for untradeable horseman heads of stuff with a high starting bid, or people who place phishing links everywhere, or "I BUY HAT 4 1 REF EACH TRADE ME" trades and stuff. I sent dozens of reports for those, it would be kinda nice to be able to clean them up myself. I mainly use this website so I'd love to get more people to move here and keep the website clean.

2. How old are you?
Turned 18 exactly two months ago

3. Where do you live, and how much time can you spend moderating? Also what is your timezone?
The netherlands! Well depends what you mean by moderating. It it means going trough reports and replying to them or closing the reported trade I guess a lot of time. Im online like 4-6 hours a day , and like 10 daily on weekends... I should get out more, or get a life.
timezone is GMT + 1

4. Are you an active Steam user?
Like I mentioned up there, maybe a bit too active for my own good.

5. What experience do you have in community administration?
Not too much, except for writing and sending tons of reports for scammers or phishers in trade servers or on outpost or bazaar or backpack tf.

6. If you’ve been banned from another community, what happened?
Nope, never gotten banned so far, ever. (except that one minecraft server where someone reported me because he was jealous of my big ass house, damn you minecreeper657, I will get my revenge one day)

7. Are you really willing to commit to putting in work for Bazaar.tf?
I really am. I followed 2 years of computer science but dropped the subject because the teacher didnt even know how to use excel. I am planning to go to a university and study game technology so I'd love to put some work in a website like this, it would be awesome to have my own website that'll hopefully be as succesful as this one.
And about those reports and forums and complaints and stuff, if I wake up one day and see I got 50 phisher reports to reply to and check I'll do it, but I dont think I'd constantly keep working on it for over 2-3 hours a day, I mean, I need my own free time as well :p

8. Finally, do you understand that we don’t conduct ourselves too seriously around here?
Yep, Im pretty bad at taking myself seriously as well, so that shouldnt be a problem.

User ribbon Akali~

7 years ago #91764
The other thread said applications are still open and stuff but no reply after a week >.>
Giv attention pls

Fidller™

7 years ago #91766
It might take a while...staff is really busy sometimes

Just look at the 9/11 thread

User ribbon _inu

7 years ago #92158
LOL how did I not see this? We'll begin reviewing it.

User ribbon Akali~

7 years ago #92491
I just read a few other applications to compare them with mine
I noticed Koda also mentioned Moderating a minecraft server.
I used to be a mod on a minecraft Pixel art server for 3 months, and became one of the admins for like 8 months after that, then the server went down.
Not sure if that means much, but in that sense I do have experience with dealing with griefers and other people who dont obey the rules

User ribbon Akali~

7 years ago #93674
I dont wanna sound pushy but It's been 3 weeks now >.>

User ribbon iGnite

7 years ago #93675
Jenny wakeman

It took this long for curly's too...

User ribbon Akali~

7 years ago #93677
Ωmega Kitten
Jenny wakeman

It took this long for curly's too...

Yea, but most get their awnser in like less than a week >.>

User ribbon iGnite

7 years ago #93679
anyways, good luck :)

User ribbon _inu

7 years ago #93683
You are an active user on our site but barely visible on the forums. Why is that?

User ribbon Akali~

7 years ago #93690
To be honest, I've only discovered the forums like a week or two ago.
Though in those weeks I think I've made about 3-6 posts on average a day or somthing. Most were in tf2 discussions or forum games, but I did try to reply to some posts in the help and suggestion threads.
So I guess I'm barely visible on the forums because I had never posted on them untill recently

User ribbon _inu

7 years ago #94319
Ayoooo Jennybr0,

Your application is well written and left a very positive impression with us, however you are not very recognizable within the Bazaar.tf community. We are not looking for applicants that become known once they are staff, we are looking for already known and involved applicants to add to our team. You, unfortunately, have not been active enough in our forums, where most of that sweet sweet community engagement goes down.

Your app will be denied for now but feel free to re-apply once you have found your place within the Bazaar.tf community.

User ribbon Akali~

7 years ago #94320
Well, seems fair to me, since I've only been active on this site since a month or two.
Maybe I'll re-apply one day and hopefully I'll get accepted then ^^
This thread is locked. You cannot reply.