User ribbon D'Koda

6 years ago #T7108

1. Why do you want to join the Bazaar.tf Staff?
Because I left a while back, needing to clear my head. I'm not 100% but I at least feel well enough to want to come back. You also never took my bazaar admin badge away, and everywhere I looked Alpha said "cum bak bby." Truth be told, I appreciated how everyone said they'd miss me even though I never left. It made me cry, reading back the farewell messages some of you wrote.

2. How old are you?
22 in March

3. Where do you live, and how much time can you spend moderating? Also what is your timezone?
See my previous application. I'm from Australia.

4. Are you an active Steam user?
Yes

5. What experience do you have in community administration?
You guys, laws of Minecraft, a Saxton Hale Server, and recently (though not really adminship) I'm managing a UGC Page for Australian Highlander team Midnights Demise.

6. If you’ve been banned from another community, what happened?
A singular ban from Outpost for saying "Nigga, you trippin"

7. Are you really willing to commit to putting in work for Bazaar.tf?
Depends. Is Dave still a faggot?

8. Finally, do you understand that we don’t conduct ourselves too seriously around here?
...Thats not what I have seen in slack.

I'll do this properly if requested, but I need to be quiet and typing is loud. Everyone in the house is currently asleep

User ribbon Angry rock

6 years ago #102942
Didn't you leave like a week ago or something

User ribbon D'Koda

6 years ago #102943
2-3 weeks ago yes. Admittedly I'm not 100 percent but I'm definitely feeling much better than where I was. Whether or not everyone thinks I'll be alright enough is their decision. I feel confident and ready to jump back in the saddle

User ribbon Spooky Alpha

6 years ago #102945
I admit that I do miss you, but I'm a bit concerned that you still don't feel 100% ok. This doesn't mean I don't want you back, but I wouldn't want the stress of being in Bazaar to burden you (i.e. users misunderstanding what you say and the time taken from you for doing reports). You shouldn't feel as if it's your responsibility to come back just because others want you to, but I also understand it's difficult to get back on the saddle and leave all your worries behind. I won't say I understand completely how you feel since your reasons for leaving were personal, but if you still feel as if you can fulfill your duties as being part of our community and administering the site, I'll be happy for you to come back. I know I'm selfish for wanting you to come back without understanding what you've been through, so there are times when it's ok to say "no" to others. Nevertheless, you never let us down when you were here. Also, keep in mind that you're doing this on your own free time and will. If you ever need to take a short break if you come back, you can tell us and you can take your time to take care of whatever you need to do.

Dargo

6 years ago #102946
^This. Don't push it. Everyone would love to have ya back onboard, but that doesn't mean you should feel compelled to.

User ribbon buddhapest

6 years ago #102949

but seriously, I never completely understood why you left in the first place. I kept saying. just take a break just take a break.

I don't understand why you went "public" with leaving as that complicates things. you insisted on leaving.

I'm not against your return. just unsure about your stability

User ribbon D'Koda

6 years ago #103024
I understand. Please lock this. Its apparent that I won't be permitted this time around.

User ribbon Napoleon

6 years ago #103055
Hey Koda, at this point in time we're not going to accept your application to come back to the staff.
We are rejecting your application because we are uncertain of your real life situation and the stability that you have there. We are aware that you have taken significant steps in your real life to get things stable and we want to see that continue before we welcome you back into the fold, as we have a responsibility to the user's here that all members of staff are on top of their game.
We are not rejecting your application because you left previously. There is nothing I would like more then having my mate Koda back on the staff, because of his friendship, because of the quality of his work and because someone understands what I mean when I speak Australian.

Mate, keep going on the road you're taking and get your real life sorted - that's way more important then a looking after a virtual item trading site - and we'll have you back in a heartbeat.

User ribbon _inu

6 years ago #103632
I just wanted to take stance in this because I was not around to do so and it was me who made this call in the end.
I am not rejecting you because you left, I am rejecting you because of the way you left. It's quite apparent that the stress got to you and this kind of stuff happens, but nobody asked you to leave, we'd have been fine with a hiatus or a break.
You made a long-term decision on short-term feelings, we all do this and it's okay but given your state previously I can just not justify putting you back in place and risking that the next one of those short-term feelings goes towards a user of the site.

I take pride in the fact that I can say that I stand behind every single staffer on the team, and even infront of them should anyone question the quality of their work, but I am sad to say that I am not willing to stand up for a potential timebomb. Koda, you are a nice guy and perhaps our paths may cross again one day but you made it very apparent to all of us that you have more pressing matters to deal with than a user breaking an auction rule and I do not want you to escape yourself into the staff rank instead of fixing shit.

Cheers for the service and the laughs, Inu.
This thread is locked. You cannot reply.