User ribbon Spooky Alpha

6 years ago #T7503
I need help upgrading my laptop's video card so I can play games on it. I understand laptops are not the ideal platform for videogames and desktops would be a much better choice, but it's what I'm working with atm. I want to buy a new video card because the one I currently have has very low video ram (64 MB). I'm crap at computers, so I have no idea what I'm doing and I need some guidance. Right now I have a Intel(R) HD Graphics Family video card, which can only play low-end games, so I need help knowing what new card to buy, where to find it, knowing if it's compatible, and if I can install one right now. I know I'm really bad at this, but also don't just tell me to buy/build a new computer, but any tips can help.
If needed, here are some of my other specs, probably decent but I really have no idea:
CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz
CPU Speed - 2.3 GHz
RAM - 6.1 GB
Sound Card - IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
Operating System - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

User ribbon buddhapest

6 years ago #107476
what laptop do you have? are you sure it can take a graphic card upgrade? many don't

FidllerÔäó

6 years ago #107477

This is how you fix it

Im just wondering if your serious as fuck or just being a melon troll Alpha....

RoboSensei

6 years ago #107484
First, buy a desktop.
Second, buy an Nvidia Ge-Force 600 series card or higher.

User ribbon Spooky Alpha

6 years ago #107485
Ó╝║ buddhapest Ó╝╗
what laptop do you have? are you sure it can take a graphic card upgrade? many don't

I have a dell inspiron n5050 if that helps
Fidller

This is how you fix it

Im just wondering if your serious as fuck or just being a melon troll Alpha....

`Yahiamice
Here,let me show you

this is not a shitposting thread, I do actually need help.
stay on topic

FidllerÔäó

6 years ago #107489
You can't upgrade laptop graphic cards...only things that can be changed are RAM, Keyboards, Screens and HDD's.....you gotta buy a new one then.....even if it isn't a integrated Graphics Card you can't change it.....if you can it might be a process some company has to do and you'll need to bring your laptop to either that company or a PC repair shop who sends it away but i never heard of a graphics card being changed in a laptop

RoboSensei
First, buy a desktop.
Second, buy an Nvidia Ge-Force 600 series card or higher.

I'd rather suggest the MSi 970ti Overclocked.....would run GTA V smoothly with a i7 and 8GB RAM

will suck dick for cash

6 years ago #107490
heres what you need on your pc

thanks pc gamer

RoboSensei

6 years ago #107491
Fidller

I'd rather suggest the MSi 970ti Overclocked.....would run GTA V smoothly with a i7 and 8GB RAM

Gtfo with your GTA idk how anyone can like that game.

Bery

6 years ago #107495
Laptops and especially that laptop cannot take CPU or GPU upgrades.

What is your budget?
What games do you want to play and what settings/fps do you want to get out of them?

An i5-4460 and a GTX 970 / R9 290 would run pretty much anything on max settings smoothly for ~$500 (or ~$700 for a system). If that's out of your price range you can always downgrade.
Depends on where you live too, parts can be more expensive outside of the US.

User ribbon Spooky Alpha

6 years ago #107496
Shamefurr Dispray
The majority of laptops won't take graphics card upgrades.

Fidller
You can't upgrade laptop graphic cards

Bery
Laptops and especially that laptop cannot take CPU or GPU upgrades.

Thanks, that's all I needed to know
RoboSensei
First, buy a desktop

Alpha
don't just tell me to buy/build a new computer

Zeepington
heres what you need on your pc

Alpha
this is not a shitposting thread, I do actually need help.
stay on topic

will suck dick for cash

6 years ago #107497
fuck son at least put some capital letters in your thread if you dont want me to believe this is a shitposting thread
i dont always read replies in a thread

[WOOPS HOLD ON IM EDITING THIS PART ITS SHIT]

User ribbon Spooky Alpha

6 years ago #107498
ok locking this thread to avoid further shitposting

User ribbon buddhapest

6 years ago #107499
unlocked briefly to dispell rabid misinformation...

> You can't upgrade laptop graphic cards

there are most definitely laptops that can be upgraded. many gaming laptops use a micro card that can be removed and replaced.

you can even do some DIY kits on laptops that can't normally be upgraded. the real issue is, do you want to and is it worth the time & money.

unfortunately the n5050 is not upgradeable at all.

and locked again.

This thread is locked. You cannot reply.