User ribbon hands

6 years ago #T7505
Nope.

We have seen a very apparent drop in quality on the forums lately, mainly caused by the evergrowing shitposting and meme spouting culture that has gotten a grip of the community. We have decided to enforce a more strict forum policy. Shitposting is fine on the VIP/private boards, and on the off-topic board to a degree, but we try to maintain a certain level of quality on our public boards. Shitposting on the public boards might from now on be rewarded with a warning and a temporary forum ban, depending on the offense.

Please refer to these threads to see what kind of behaviour I am talking about:
http://bazaar.tf/thread/7503/
http://bazaar.tf/thread/7441/
http://bazaar.tf/thread/7443/

Do also check out this thread regarding "Backseat modding" and how to handle posts that breaks the forum rules
http://bazaar.tf/thread/6215/

Please do understand that this thread is in no way about us not wanting you to use the forums, and to stop engaging in the community. We are simply asking you to keep the content you post at a somewhat high quality, and with actually helping each other out, instead of bashing, circle jerking and making ourselves look as retarded as possible.

PS: If you shitpost in this thread I will find you and kill you.

RoboSensei

6 years ago #107507

ADMIN NOTE: USER WAS FORUM BANNED FOR THIS POST. (NO, WE ARE NOT KIDDING ABOUT THIS.)

I regret nothing

User ribbon Curly

6 years ago #107509
And now everyone's going to be afraid to post here.
Just adding another thread that has a case of shitposting, although not to the extent of the ones already above. http://bazaar.tf/thread/7501/

And for a few questions. Who is determining the severity of a punishment for shitposting? Do the shitpost warnings count as the same as normal warnings in terms of how many it takes to be banned? If you shitpost more than once in a thread, is it accounted as more than one warning, or just one for global shitposting in that thread? Thanks.

User ribbon Spooky Alpha

6 years ago #107510
Curly Brace
Who is determining the severity of a punishment for shitposting?

Currently, Hans is the forum supervisor we can consult in regards to the severity of punishments, but virtually any admin with the power to forum ban also determines the severity, which is usually ~1 day, ~1 week, or permanent depending on the situation. I believe Janitors are the only ones who can't forum ban, that is Lynx and Laughing Can respectively.
Curly Brace
Do the shitpost warnings count as the same as normal warnings in terms of how many it takes to be banned?

Forums bans may be followed with a regular warning. Again, this depends on the severity of the situation. For instance, if a user shitposts inappropriately only once where it would warrant a forum ban, that user would simply receive a forum ban without an in-site warning, but multiple offences can lead to a forum ban + an in-site warning. In-site warnings are the only warnings we hand out, there aren't any "forum warnings" that would lead to a permanent ban like in-site bans do. However, if you get warned for shitposting and you continue to ignore our warnings, this may lead to a permanent forum ban.
Curly Brace
If you shitpost more than once in a thread, is it accounted as more than one warning, or just one for global shitposting in that thread?

It doesn't matter how often you shitpost, a warning and a forum ban, permanent or otherwise, is the most punishment you'd get unless if you continue shitposting after you get forum banned and/or warned. If you shitpost 8 times in the same thread, you don't get 8 warnings, you get up to 1 regular warning.

RA

6 years ago #107512
hai guise whre can i git free hats

i wunt hats trde m3 hre

[REDACTED]
USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

User ribbon chraff XI

6 years ago #107513
snakes with human traits
Please refer to these threads to see what kind of behaviour I am talking about:
http://bazaar.tf/thread/7503/
http://bazaar.tf/thread/7441/
http://bazaar.tf/thread/7443/

Christ, the first one is just unacceptable. That's seriously rude.
The second two, why would anyone post that in General Discussion?

I thought that this was common sense...

User ribbon davetb

6 years ago #107514
Four

Tell that to the two people in this thread alone who have been temp forum banned.

Mug

6 years ago #107517
Four

Never mind common sense, this was simply how it used to be. I once got a day forum ban along with curly if memory serves for posting back and forth on a non-vip thread. We posted three letters or something in each post, and it was maybe four posts overall. Boom. 24-hour forum ban from Dave-senpai. Since when did this become more lax?

DaveTB
Four

Tell that to the two utter morons in this thread alone who have been temp forum banned.

FTFY

Seriously though, why on earth would someone think it's a good idea to post this shit here? Admin says "We're done with your shit" and the first post is "Look at the shit I just took all over your thread". DO YOU HONESTLY EXPECT NOT TO GET BANNED? Did you think he was joking?

User ribbon Sin

6 years ago #107518
Thank god for that. Honestly the amount of pointless shit on these forums kind of drove me away, along with my waning interest in TF2 trading. I'm glad to see you're doing something about it.

aubrey graham

6 years ago #107521
It is one thing to shitpost without knowing that you actually did something wrong. I get that. But really, you guys who are posting shit AFTER this post was put up are really childish. You guys and gals are great (I guess :/) but it is really immature to act this way after the rule was enforced.

EDIT: Yeah, imma take back my statement. I can't scold as I, too, am immature as shit. I'm not going to delete what I said, since I kinda do feel that way. However, these words shouldn't come from me. In spoilers if anyone wants to know how I felt.

User ribbon Angry rock

6 years ago #107524
Seems fair enough considering what happened to Alphas thread and i agree that shitposting should be kept on the first class lounge.

y=sin(1/x)

6 years ago #107529
Angry rock
Seems fair enough considering what happened to Alphas thread and i agree that shitposting should be kept on the first class lounge.

In other words only the rich get to smoke caviar (that's what you do with that right?) and tell stupid jokes. I don't want to post on the forums if I can't be stupid about it.

User ribbon Spooky Alpha

6 years ago #107531
-SL- asshole rose
I don't want to post on the forums if I can't be stupid about it.

snakes with human traits
Shitposting is fine on the VIP/private boards, and on the off-topic board to a degree, but we try to maintain a certain level of quality on our public boards.

There is a time and place for everything. If someone needs you to be serious, you should be able to behave appropriately. There is nothing wrong with having fun, but excessive shitposting on boards where your help and serious insight is needed, it's turning entire threads into jokes. If you want to make fun of anime in a thread meant to be a joke, that's completely fine. A few jokes on a serious thread can lighten up the mood and we were ok with it because we don't take everything so seriously. But in the instance of my thread, 40% of posts were off-topic jokes and if every thread is like this, it severely lowers the overall quality of the forums. 1 or 2 joke posts would have been fine, but if it really is that difficult for people to take a thread seriously, it's going to make people stop using the forums altogether. This is the reason some people avoid VIP boards, if you plan to flood the Help and DIscussion threads with jests, then you shouldn't be there to begin with.

TraynXX

6 years ago #108000
I forgot how to create threads , can som1 help me ?

User ribbon Curly

6 years ago #108001
♥ Senpai ♥ #Road2Knife
I forgot how to create threads , can som1 help me ?

I was about to tell you to make a thread for this issue.

Go into the forum you want to create the thread for, and go to the bottom of the page. There's an area you can create threads for there.

dada

6 years ago #109065
y so mean to me ;-;

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

dada

6 years ago #109066
u used my post as an example, two of em

(AND THIS ONE, TOO)

dada

6 years ago #109067
who iz u tu hab previllegerino

(SERIOUSLY, DON'T DO THIS)

yahiamice.

6 years ago #109075
-ignore this post,i've mistaken this thread with the actual shitpost friendly thread-

Rain

6 years ago #109083
That lenny face is like baiting ppl to shitpost. Anyways ok

User ribbon davetb

6 years ago #109085
watershit melonfuck
y so mean to me ;-;

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

watershit melonfuck
u used my post as an example, two of em

(AND THIS ONE, TOO)

watershit melonfuck
who iz u tu hab previllegerino

(SERIOUSLY, DON'T DO THIS)

Still not kidding about this guys. This is your erratically-timed reminder in the form of an example.
You must log in to post.