User ribbon _inu

5 years ago #T8167
Hello, I deal with all scam reports we get and would like to remind you of one thing. If you have already made a SteamRep report, I can only ban them on our site. If you report them to us instead, I can directly tag the scammer on SteamRep with a BAZAAR Scammer tag.

I get tons of tickets with great evidence and then the dreaded link to the SteamRep report. Usually I would have tagged this user within 5 minutes, but due to the case now being with SteamRep, I can only ban them from our site.

There is a reason why partner communities exist
Not only do we constantly communicate with SteamRep to resolve reports, improve our anti-scamming techniques and educate unaware traders, we also exist so SteamRep does not have to handle EVERY report.
It is encouraged to report to partner communities as they have a much lower report volume and can thus tag the users much faster.

Next time you submit a scam report to us - Think twice
You are reporting them to us any way, so why make a SteamRep report as well? Not only do you strip me of my power to tag the user, you also add another report to SteamRep's massive volume that could instead have been resolved here in a faster manner, because we simply do not deal with 100+ reports every day like they do.

Can I report scams to you that did not happen on bazaar.tf?
Absolutely!
I will look at any ticket regardless of the origin.

How can I report a scam to you?
http://bazaar.tf/support/create/9

Thanks for reading and next time you consider reporting someone to SteamRep, feel free to do so, that's what they are there for but remember that reporting to a site like ours or Fortress of Gamers gives them a much needed break and also usually gets your scammer tagged faster.

User ribbon Stefanos13

5 years ago #115097
True mate. Unfortunately there are few mods on steamrep(considering the amount of tickets) . I personally have reported scammers here as well as on steamrep with solid evidence.The ones on bazaar where banned asap , the ones on steamrep after a whole year are still clean with just an open case and im not saying about same scammers . So i prefer to make tickets directly to the trade community than steamrep. You people do a great job so continue that way! :)

ABI TALENT

5 years ago #115104
_inu
If you have already made a SteamRep report, I can only ban them on our site. If you report them to us instead, I can directly tag the scammer on SteamRep with a BAZAAR Scammer tag.

Oh, so reports that were initially sent to SteamRep can't be re-submitted by the victim on an affiliate community at all, I thought that only reports that have been on SteamRep for more than 30 days can't be processed by an affiliate community.

live4life | bazaar.tf

5 years ago #115119
Is this a good thing to post on april 1st or is that why your posting it?

User ribbon BomSUSik

5 years ago #115124
I will keep that in mind, thank you :)

User ribbon _inu

5 years ago #115125
live4life | bazaar.tf
Is this a good thing to post on april 1st or is that why your posting it?

It is not a joke.

User ribbon _inu

5 years ago #115147
live4life | bazaar.tf
Tell me that tomorrow.

It does not even sound like one.

MOtherHarassment

5 years ago #115258
so why do you brag about tagging people in 5 minutes if you couldnt review a ticket for 3 days?

User ribbon _inu

5 years ago #115259
Snow Shoo
so why the fuck do you brag about tagging people in 5 minutes if you couldnt review a ticket for 3 days?

a) Your ticket has the same shitty tone as this post. Don't expect personal favors if you are acting that way, I have more pressing tickets with users who know how to conduct themselves.

b) You are reporting a user from CS GO Lounge to us, which is totally fine. You need to understand, that our own scammer tickets take priority though.

c) Just because I am not responding yet does not mean I have not reviewed it, it simply means action has not been taken yet because the case is unclear. Nowhere in your ticket do you include a screenshot with the user claiming the item was Factory New. This may have been a simple mistake on his part and such things need to be evaluated before applying any sort of action or tag, hence your ticket simply takes a little more time than three days.

I hope next time you think twice how you address people and judge a situation, especially when you know nothing about it.

User ribbon buddhapest

5 years ago #115260
> so why do you brag about tagging people in 5 minutes if you couldnt review a ticket for 3 days?

tagged: DICK

MOtherHarassment

5 years ago #115261
_inu
Snow Shoo
so why the fuck do you brag about tagging people in 5 minutes if you couldnt review a ticket for 3 days?

a) Your ticket has the same shitty tone as this post. Don't expect personal favors if you are acting that way, I have more pressing tickets with users who know how to conduct themselves.

b) You are reporting a user from CS GO Lounge to us, which is totally fine. You need to understand, that our own scammer tickets take priority though.

c) Just because I am not responding yet does not mean I have not reviewed it, it simply means action has not been taken yet because the case is unclear. Nowhere in your ticket do you include a screenshot with the user claiming the item was Factory New. This may have been a simple mistake on his part and such things need to be evaluated before applying any sort of action or tag, hence your ticket simply takes a little more time than three days.

I hope next time you think twice how you address people and judge a situation, especially when you know nothing about it.

Do you even see brah? http://imgur.com/a/0omgg first screenshot shows the trades on lounge stating its fn. If it actually takes that much time to tag an obvious lvl 0 scammer with 30 trades, 0 messages, then this not the place im looking for. Actually decent site was FoG, but they gave up on their great effort =/

Didnt want to be a dick, actually edited my post in seconds but you were quicker on reply. Still im trying to make community better and looking for help, but meh all the affiliates of steamrep and steamrep itself takes too long on mark. Guess the only way is to get my own community site running.

User ribbon buddhapest

5 years ago #115262
this ^ belongs in the ticket you filed, not in a public forum. inu will surely consider all evidence there.

User ribbon _inu

5 years ago #115264
Snow Shoo
_inu
Snow Shoo

Do you even see brah? http://imgur.com/a/0omgg first screenshot shows the trades on lounge stating its fn. If it actually takes that much time to tag an obvious lvl 0 scammer with 30 trades, 0 messages, then this not the place im looking for. Actually decent site was FoG, but they gave up on their great effort =/

Didnt want to be a dick, actually edited my post in seconds but you were quicker on reply. Still im trying to make community better and looking for help, but meh all the affiliates of steamrep and steamrep itself takes too long on mark. Guess the only way is to get my own community site running.

Tagging someone as a scammer is an absolutely brutal way of educating traders and there is no room for "not entirely sure" when it comes to this action. While you do have a screenshot of the trade on CSGOLounge, you do not have a screenshot of a trade agreement, which would seal the deal for me. This could have been a left over trade, hence a mistake on the users's site, a problem with Lounge itself, or, as you say, an attempted scam.

The thing you refuse to see is that your case currently offers too many options and a too large lee-way to literally ruin someone's trading efforts through a tag. If he had directly claimed it to be factory new, then this would have been an obvious case, but currently it is just as likely, that he may have simply left open an old trade and does not even notice what he is doing. While you may now deem this as blatant nit-picking, it is what I have to do when reviewing a case. You surely would not be too happy with a scammer tag out of mere assumption as well.

And please feel free to open your own community and undertake the effort of fighting scammers. The more, the better! Do rethink what I said though, it is not as simple as "yeah, this guy is most likely a scammer", as the tag also clearly states BAZAAR SCAMMER and not MOST LIKELY BAZAAR SCAMMER.

You need to trust me when I say I am working on it, as I despise scammers just as much as you do.

User ribbon Angry rock

5 years ago #115267
Snow Shoo

No offense dude, I agree that what the person is doing is most likely shady business but I literally get 3 messages from people that are doing the same thing on every csgl trade i make, It's a gray area since you can't guarantee that the person didn't just forget and leave the trades open. Yea, it sucks but the only thing you can do is -rep them on csgl and report their trades.

User ribbon GsG

5 years ago #115269
What's wrong with it?

User ribbon Angry rock

5 years ago #115270
GsG
What's wrong with it?

The trade? The item is factory new in the trade and he only owns a battle scarred one.

MOtherHarassment

5 years ago #115296
anyone stating that is not banable is complete braindead. Just try to get anything factory new in csgo lounge and witness 40 pages of ppl who forgot to close the trades :D

User ribbon _inu

5 years ago #115297
Snow Shoo
anyone stating that is not banable is complete braindead. Just try to get anything factory new in csgo lounge and witness 40 pages of ppl who forgot to close the trades :D

Then I'll stay braindead. I have only had a single appeal for a tag and that appeal failed, because I would rather take my time and do it right than meeting your unrealistic expectations.

live4life | bazaar.tf

5 years ago #115299
_inu by responding your giving him more flame to keep going. Unless he brings up something that changes/affects your opinion, it will just prolong the situation. Of course you may have a duty to respond.
You must log in to post.