User ribbon fisk

9 years ago #T85
http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2trade/comments/yk9ji/psa_i_believe_the_tf2_pricing_spreadsheet_at/

Drunken_F00l (Valve Employee)
Thanks for posting about this. I've confirmed that the SPUF forum accounts mentioned are all owned by the same user and banned the accounts for being used to deceive other users.

Please think twice before using it. Use http://backpack.tf instead - prices are 100% community oriented.

User ribbon fisk

9 years ago #391
I have a feeling that's gonna get denied.

If only it didn't.

tareyza

9 years ago #393
the spreadsheet admin is now posting incorrect information about how the price was actually 10-14 keys when be bought it, making people believe the site is still credible. -.-

http://tf2spreadsheet.blogspot.ca/2012/08/integrity-of-spreadsheet.html

User ribbon Mr. Man!

9 years ago #397
And we're surprised because...?

Also, from the spreadsheet link: "We update this site daily, spend money to keep it running and upgrade it..." How do you spend money on something that's hosted for free by Google?

The Killjoy |

9 years ago #400
The spreadsheet is basically two or three people updating the prices by themselves. Not only does this make it very very late usually, it's also just plain wrong sometimes. I remember when the BMOC owners changed the BMOC price from 7 to 24 keys for a while by doing fake trades between themselves and just going "hey, guys, look, we traded".
Now I never actually saw him basically scamming, but I'm not really surprised.

ando

9 years ago #403
Never liked the spreadsheet. Not only are they probably abusing it, but in general its ruined trading for me. 1-2 years ago, everything was fine. People used it, but not the way they do today. They follow it like its some sort of sacred manuscript. I offer a slightly different price then the spreadsheet, and I'm instantly cursed out or called a scammer. Ruined trading for me.

☁ FWD

9 years ago #404
I hate spreadsheet, but unfortunately, I find backpack.tf quite inaccurate for now on lots of prices, because of the voting system based on the opinion of random guys that somehow checked all TF2OP to make their price fork. That's quite the same problem TF2PC has now. I'm on my own to price my crap now.

P e e p d

9 years ago #406
Pb. The Enemy |
[I remember when the BMOC owners changed the BMOC price from 7 to 24 keys for a while by doing fake trades between themselves and just going "hey, guys, look, we traded".]
Which is also happening again.

✔ SiickNastikillr

9 years ago #407
☁ FWD
I hate spreadsheet, but unfortunately, I find backpack.tf quite inaccurate for now on lots of prices, because of the voting system based on the opinion of random guys that somehow checked all TF2OP to make their price fork. That's quite the same problem TF2PC has now. I'm on my own to price my crap now.

What problem does TF2PC have exactly? Don't take this the wrong way, I am not angry at you pointing out anything bad about TF2PC, but instead curious. I would like to hear your opinion on what is wrong with TF2PC, and how we can fix it (if possible, or if you know).

☁ FWD

9 years ago #409
✔ SiickNastikillr
What problem does TF2PC have exactly? Don't take this the wrong way, I am not angry at you pointing out anything bad about TF2PC, but instead curious. I would like to hear your opinion on what is wrong with TF2PC, and how we can fix it (if possible, or if you know).

The problem for TF2PC is just like I said, prices are made from a random opinion based on a check on various trading websites. It may be really solid (I always trust Trunk Slamchest on his PC), but sometimes it can result in quite inaccurate prices, sometimes 2 buds beyond the actual price without anyone correcting it (I don't have any example ATM). You may not agree about this previous statement, but what is certain is TF2PC lost some credibility towards a little but significant part of the traders. I trust TF2PC personnaly.

Examples of issues : http://backpack.tf/vote/id/5030b5e39ae21aa145000000 (<= this)
http://www.tf2pricecheck.net/Thread-PC-Stormy-Storm-Milkman?page=2 (awkward checking, not the best example I've seen)

Bertrand

9 years ago #410
I am not surprised that this has happened...
Leave 2-3 people in control of over 20 million dollars and of cause something will happen...

User ribbon Lean Drinker 27

9 years ago #462
Not surprised. Spreadshit needs to go down NOW.

Stahl

9 years ago #467
I remember when the spreadsheet priced the spine chilling school at 1 bud for no reason, and they took a couple of weeks to fix that "error". I guess that's how long it took the owner of the sheet to sell all his skulls.

Sjru 🐲

9 years ago #489
I love the drama of the sheet, but I don't think it will stop users from using it.

get wrecked kid

9 years ago #740
oh my god. thanks so much for informing.

Sjru 🐲

9 years ago #752
SR report was archived.

Conspiracy?

wickedplayer494

9 years ago #825
۩≈PoF≈۩ Sjru the dwaggy

SR report was archived.

Conspiracy?

I sure hope it isn't a conspiracy, otherwise, we're going to have a massive problem.

User ribbon fisk

9 years ago #826
۩≈PoF≈۩ Sjru the dwaggy

SR report was archived.

Conspiracy?

The link ITT is actually outdated.

He's under investigation. Judging by the immense evidence, it looks like he's fucked.

RIP credibility

ando

9 years ago #828
Never thought lying to a noob about a price was considered that bad. I mean, it happened to me a few times, and I just dealt with it. If your not sure of a price, but you agree on a deal, its your own fault. Unless there referring to the fact that he lied about prices on the spreadsheet.

✔ SiickNastikillr

9 years ago #829
andodel
Never thought lying to a noob about a price was considered that bad. I mean, it happened to me a few times, and I just dealt with it. If your not sure of a price, but you agree on a deal, its your own fault. Unless there referring to the fact that he lied about prices on the spreadsheet.

Well, in case you didn't know, sharking involved lying to someone who doesn't know the price of an item, and taking advantage of that fact

He lied about the price on the spreadsheet, and took advantage of someone who trusted him.

Obviously, not the same as sharking, but still wrong...
You must log in to post.