Neostorm_X

4 years ago #T8974
I dunno if its really true (or if the user went on a big vacation for years)
but after browsing the home feed and seeing some trades. It seems like some trades have been inactive for years and the owners of those items have been inactive for years too. many of the new offers are un-replied to and ignored. After checking some of their backpacks it seems they have quit tf2 altogether or long sold that specific item. some of them even have empty backpacks for tf2. I sort of call them "ghost trades"

THERE are huge amounts of those trades and with the auto-bump feature many of them stay on top of the feed, I find some of those trades misleading or outdated (example: buying keys for 5.33 and never respond to any offers) is there some way the staff is able to sort out these kind of trades?

like for example if all of the items listed in the trade are no longer in the users bp
after a specific time period the trade will close?

User ribbon Mixed Minuet

4 years ago #116819
Considering the post you left on one of my trades, I'm going to assume that I'm one of the users who may be making this an issue. But here's the thing; I don't intend to purposely leave any of my trades as inactive, I just want users to come to me with (hopefully) good offers. But with backpack.tf price fluctuations, I can't accept an offer so quickly, so I try to wait out until the price gets somewhat stabilized. This is what causes some of my trades (with common items) to be opened for extended periods of time.

I still check my trades every so often, or when Bazaar Plus pops up with a new notification.

User ribbon _inu

4 years ago #116820
A quick way would be to report said trades.

Neostorm_X

4 years ago #116821
NONONO i'm NOT talking about you mouse

there are other trades

buying glitched stuff or vintage level collectors
ETC

you still have your tf2 inventory so i'm not talking about you lol
i'm talking about people who have ALREADY AN EMPTY TF2 INVENTORY
or have not been on steam for years

User ribbon Mixed Minuet

4 years ago #116822
Oh thank heavens, I thought I was taking part of an issue without realizing it again...

User ribbon Rez

4 years ago #116823
@Inu - can I report weapons trades that started with 100 weapons and have but 1 or 2 left for sale? I see at least a handful like that on the buy nows.

edit: sorry for the double post. Internet must've lagged for a moment.

User ribbon Rez

4 years ago #116824
@Inu - can I report weapons trades that started with 100 weapons and have but 1 or 2 left for sale? I see at least a handful like that on the buy nows.

User ribbon _inu

4 years ago #116826
Rez {buying invs}

edit: sorry for the double post. Internet must've lagged for a moment.

Have they been abandoned? Link a trade in question please.

User ribbon Rez

4 years ago #116827
such as these.... i mean really, 2 year old trade ?
http://bazaar.tf/trade/1444970
http://bazaar.tf/trade/1149038

I've seen other trades/users with trades like this in the buy nows too.

I kind of wish you guys might implement some rule, like trades over 6 months get closed (not just in the buy nows). I find a lot of those old trades abandoned/useless/time consuming to wade through. I understand some ppl like their old trades, but tough cookies maybe? my opinion only, though.

Lmk445

4 years ago #116828
Rez {buying invs}
such as these.... i mean really, 2 year old trade ?
http://bazaar.tf/trade/1444970
http://bazaar.tf/trade/1149038

I've seen other trades/users with trades like this in the buy nows too.

I kind of wish you guys might implement some rule, like trades over 6 months get closed (not just in the buy nows). I find a lot of those old trades abandoned/useless/time consuming to wade through. I understand some ppl like their old trades, but tough cookies maybe? my opinion only, though.

I've brought this up in the past, and buddha and inu, if I'm correct, both told me inactive trades not closing is an intended feature. I forgot what their actual response was since it was so long ago to me.

User ribbon buddhapest

4 years ago #116829
ya, i think i'll implement some sort of auto-close system. the rules lmk445 mentions were from long ago when the site wasn't 5 years old (!!!) and trading didn't take a huge slump due to the mobile authenticator. the climate is very different now so i think an auto-close feature makes sense.

Lmk445

4 years ago #116830
^I second that notion, if it matters

User ribbon Rez

4 years ago #116832
I like that idea too.
You must log in to post.