Lmk445

a year ago #T9187
I've been away for a while now, and I come back to see a lot has changed. I'm not entirely sure what because I did a little digging and saw the site appears to be shut down? I was wondering if someone could paraphrase what's basically happened these past few years? Looks like inflation has gotten worse, keys were about 38ish ref when I last checked and now they're almost 55, trading has kinda died, and cosmetics keep getting added (unsurprisingly). Where there any other major events that occurred which I missed skimming through the most recent topics?

User ribbon Spooky Alpha

a year ago #117718
Our death was... greatly exaggerated. I wouldn't say trading is dead although nowadays it's mostly done through bots but I nothing beats personal interaction with a human being and that's what we're here for. There's still a demand for that kind of service and you know it's like they say where there is a will there's a way. We did however, shut down Buy Now in 2018 so no more automated trading here. Biggest news TF2 related recently I'd say is the source code getting leaked for TF2 and cs;go (don't read the comments). As for me there's still users impersonating me for my SteamRep credentials so they can do the item verification scam :/

Lmk445

a year ago #117719
So what's it mean when the source code is leaked? I've seen it happen a lot with other things but never quite understood it. Does it make it easier to hack and cheat then?

User ribbon Spooky Alpha

a year ago #117720
yeah basically. valve says we're safe though, but I wouldn't know cus I haven't played recently.

Lmk445

a year ago #117721
So aside from Bots becoming more popular, the source code getting leaked, and outpost shutting down, there's not much else? Thanks

User ribbon buddhapest

a year ago #117726
> there's not much else

there's not much, period.
You must log in to post.