User ribbon fisk

9 years ago #T92
A Better Bazaar

Hello, citizens of TF2Bazaar. This thread will be used for discussion and suggestions regarding changes for the up-and-coming Bazaar 2.0.

What is happening?

Apart from some design changes and bug fixes in Bazaar 1.8, there will be no significant site updates up until Bazaar 2.0. A complete CSS/HTML rewrite is going to be done, lots of changes to the backend as well as a very big change to the index page of the site (as you all voted for in the first site poll).

The Dashboard - Postponed for 2.1

The Dashboard is probably my favourite conceptual feature that will be delivered and is the primary update for 2.0. We want it to include trade matches, site news, recent trades and recent forum threads that appeal to you all in one page and with the ability to customize it (change some behaviours, move elements around or remove ones you don't want) entirely. This will be a highly experimental project for a design change but we have our hopes in it.

Another reason we are moving away from simply listing recent trades is because it looks pretty damn dull. So far, you can only customize it so much, for example getting rid of trades from certain games, unusual trades, hiding trades, bookmarks and so on.

The Dashboard has been postponed. In place of this is another cosmetic upgrade.

Mobile Site

As part of the HTML/CSS rewrite, we will finally be supporting a mobile site that was supposed to be delivered in 1.7.

Total item rewrite on the frontend and backend

Accell has redesigned the item HTML/CSS and it is currently being put into place. At the same time, I'm rewriting the trade UI code completely. The item filter will be better - you will finally be able to change pages while filtering!

Sell it Now/Buy it Now

A very experimental feature where prices from backpack.tf will be used to automate and facilitate trades for users who do not like to trade often. Some people just hate the barter economy, and this solution will be for them.

More information will come when it is ready to be announced.

hyclrs✌

9 years ago #428
Weekly polls displayed on the dashboard

ando

9 years ago #431
It's nice to see you will continue to make this site more efficient, but thats not really a big problem. What is a big problem is auction abuse. I swear, 75% of the "auctions" should be in the trade section. It should be specified what an auction is and how it works. This way I don't constantly see people auctioning off something for a key that's base price is around a ref.

User ribbon fisk

9 years ago #447
We are aware of auction abuse - we might end up making a mandatory one-time tutorial screen for Auctions.

We will be doing the same sort of thing to people who are in the Outpost group - people seem to dismiss the site as a "clone" yet we have dozens of features they don't have, so we will give them a one-time window about how the site is much different. Just a bit of education strategy.

Capybara

9 years ago #451
This site is cool and all but it would be even better if people actually traded stuff, or made offers, if items were sold and bought and all that.

User ribbon fisk

9 years ago #453
I have tried as much as I can to get more people using the site. It's up to you to bring users here from now on.

I've done a lot, but it seems half my effort goes wasted.

☁ FWD

9 years ago #454
Fiskie
I have tried as much as I can to get more people using the site. It's up to you to bring users here from now on.

I've done a lot, but it seems half my effort goes wasted.

We are all with you Fiskie *hugs*. Why don't you contact some youtube moneyers like STAR_ or Stabby? These are quite sympathetic.

User ribbon fisk

9 years ago #455
It's worth a shot. I'm guessing Stabby is probably easier to reach.

Edit: lolno

Sorry, I can only accept friend requests from people I know well or Highlander-related folk. I'm at the max amount allowed :(

And he's not on le reddit or Youtube often.

☁ FWD

9 years ago #456
Fiskie
And he's not on le reddit or Youtube often.

Try Jerma or Shibby420something. Oh and BTW, I donated for silver, and it didn't upgrade me :/.

User ribbon fisk

9 years ago #459
Settings -> VIP -> Scroll down.

I put a comment on STAR_'s profile, I'll see how far it goes.

hyclrs✌

9 years ago #460
STAR_ is tradebanned and hates trading

User ribbon fisk

9 years ago #461
AHeS.hycolours

STAR_ is tradebanned and hates trading

Oh shit, really? Haha

Welp, back to the drawing board.

tareyza

9 years ago #463
Fiskie
Oh shit, really? Haha

Welp, back to the drawing board.

yep, he got unfairly banned from SOP a while ago because some guy mistook him for another person. that led to a steamrep tag which got him banned from everywhere. the steamrep tag is still there too.

User ribbon fisk

9 years ago #464
tareyza

yep, he got unfairly banned from SOP a while ago because some guy mistook him for another person. that led to a steamrep tag which got him banned from everywhere. the steamrep tag is still there too.

Wow, I understand his frustration then. Holy shit.

Glotch

9 years ago #481
>accidentally uploaded the partial 2.0 style - bear with us.
ITS OVER! BAZAAR IS FINISHED!

hyclrs✌

9 years ago #482
Fiskie
Wow, I understand his frustration then. Holy shit.

Actually I don't think he gives a shit

ando

9 years ago #486
AHeS.hycolours
Actually I don't think he gives a shit

Yeah, trading more or less sucks these days.

I actually thought the site has a decent user base. There's a ton of trades set up, although very few auctions. I gotta say, I'm kinda interested in why TF2BZ was started in the first place? I mean, you gotta admit, its pretty similar to OP. Since OP is more established, you can understand why more people would rather stay there.

hyclrs✌

9 years ago #487
andodel

Yeah, trading more or less sucks these days.

I actually thought the site has a decent user base. There's a ton of trades set up, although very few auctions. I gotta say, I'm kinda interested in why TF2BZ was started in the first place? I mean, you gotta admit, its pretty similar to OP. Since OP is more established, you can understand why more people would rather stay there.

It was started because OP exists, and how awful its userbase and moderation is.
Also there's not much room for difference in terms of core features I don't think, seeing as both sites are intended for the same purpose. In terms of extra features though Bazaar has many more.

ning!

9 years ago #488
Will 2.0 fix compatibility issues for IE9? I've tried posting new trades and for some reason it won't allow me to select different item qualities from the wishlist. Compatibility mode doesn't help. Other browsers (Firefox, Opera) seem to work, however I'd prefer to use IE9 as it's my new favorite browser (much better than the older IE versions).

☁ FWD

9 years ago #497
cumulus
... IE9 as it's my new favorite browser ...

You lie, liar, I can't believe you. Unless you are a Republican American.

User ribbon fisk

9 years ago #501
AHeS.hycolours

It was started because OP exists, and how awful its userbase and moderation is.
Also there's not much room for difference in terms of core features I don't think, seeing as both sites are intended for the same purpose. In terms of extra features though Bazaar has many more.

The complete wishlist control plus 256 items per trade is what I'd consider "core" - the initial site was based around it to see how possible it could be.

A mild success, I guess.

cumulus

Will 2.0 fix compatibility issues for IE9? I've tried posting new trades and for some reason it won't allow me to select different item qualities from the wishlist. Compatibility mode doesn't help. Other browsers (Firefox, Opera) seem to work, however I'd prefer to use IE9 as it's my new favorite browser (much better than the older IE versions).

CSS/HTML is being rewritten, so you might be lucky there.

IE10 does fix the issue I believe.
You must log in to post.