Brown

3 months ago #T9255
Is there a trick to getting your trade to be "hot"? How do I get more traffic on my trades in general? I feel like I've tried everything, consistent refreshing, broad item pools. Is there a feature I'm missing out on or what

User ribbon boo-da-pest

3 months ago #118001
hot trades are trades with lots of unique views, recent offers, etc. there's no real way to boost a trade to be "hot" but note that the older the trade the less likely that it'll be "hot"

as to generally getting more traffic i think you're doing ok. the count of "views" on a trade reflects actual clicks through to the trade. i think you are getting decent traffic actually - multiple views per day meaning someone who is logged in actually took a look.

Brown

3 months ago #118002
Alpha
It's a secret 😏

A trick because it's a secret. A secret because it's a trick?

buddhapest
as to generally getting more traffic i think you're doing ok. the count of "views" on a trade reflects actual clicks through to the trade. i think you are getting decent traffic actually - multiple views per day meaning someone who is logged in actually took a look.

Well there's always room for comparison, I'm looking at this trade for now https://bazaar.tf/trade/1720892
11000 views in 10 months = 36 views per day or so, I know I've seen more in one day on some random trade from front page.
I'll look for specific items they might be including for higher traffic, and where they might have their trade link posted outside of bazaar, but nothing I can tell is different between my and their methods. Newly created trades with upwards of 60 views in a day I've seen popping out of nowhere with just a key on their side and an unusual hat on the other.
I guess the only difference in comparison would be my lack of the "hot" tag on any of my trades. I notice there's a unique trade filter for "hot" trades accessible from the front page. I would wonder if having the "hot" tag has a compounding effect, a popular trade getting more views by having broader access through the hot tab. I know that probably isn't true, so I'm stuck at trade popularity being sort of random.

buddhapest
hot trades are trades with lots of unique views, recent offers, etc. there's no real way to boost a trade to be "hot" but note that the older the trade the less likely that it'll be "hot"

This is probably the best answer to my question. My trades are old, I don't get many offers in a day next to views. But comparing my offer count per day with the trade above, I'm actually seeing similarity. That's probably where I should turn my attention. One trade gets three times as many views on average but can only retain as many offers per day as the next one.

User ribbon boo-da-pest

3 months ago #118003
Well there's always room for comparison, I'm looking at this trade for now https://bazaar.tf/trade/1720892
11000 views in 10 months = 36 views per day or so, I know I've seen more in one day on some random trade from front page.

oof, that trade is garbage tho - just someone polluting the search results
You must log in to post.